Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Johnny tree

This Christmas eve macie and Kj decided to make a Johnny tree to put. By his grave site. We made ginger bread men and decorated them with little glasses like angel Johnny. When we took the tree Kj bore a powerful testimony of Jesus Christ. Johnny came as a little babe to this earth to teach us of our savior. The savior also came to this earth to teach and lead us. We sang silent night and joy to the world around Johnny's headstone and tree. It was beautiful.
One of the song lines was "mother and child" and I could not help but think of how much macie loves Johnny. I thought of how Mary loved Jesus and how Mary must of aches so deeply as she saw her son suffer as he did for us. I thought of Macie watching her little Johnny suffer as he did. It is amazing how life turns out. I am so grateful for my sisters example of faithful motherhood. She is a rock. She is so strong yet delicate and loving. She is in part how I visualize Mary the mother of god. I love her so dearly and am blessed to be her sister. We love Johnny and we can't wait to be with him forever. I know that through Jesus Christ we can be reunited and that all our sorrows are for a godly purpose if we will let the light of the world into our hearts. Just as Macie and Kj have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment