Saturday, July 23, 2011

Week Two

Sam, you are such a strong little guy! While you were in the NICU, one of your nurses, Kathy who was one of our favorites, said that she heard you crying, so she went to check on you. You had rolled over and scooted down to the end of the isolet with your tummy up and over the sponge roll that protected you! I have no idea where you got the strength but you got it! Dad says it is your monkey jump. It is also somewhat difficult to change your diaper because you are a wiggly worm with the strongest legs! Nana and Uncle Tyson cannot believe how you hold your head up and you are only 2 weeks old! Amazing little guy!
You are a very good baby. You are very content and happy. We always see you looking around trying to figure things out. A few days ago I ate a whole bag of cherries and that really upset you! I could not get you to keep your milk down, and you were crying in so much pain. I felt so bad. Dr. Branham said that your little system is intolerant to Corn and Cherries, not forever, but just for a while. Ironically I ate tons of cherries and fresh corn on the cob all day that day! I am so sorry that you had to go through that!
Sam, you are eating very well! You wake up before each feeding, every 2-3 hours. You always manage to give the most heart warming smiles while I feed you. I love it! Feeding you is one of my favorite things. I love to sit there with you on my lap while your little dark eyes peer up at me. I love to sing 'I am a child of God' 'I lived in heaven' 'sweet hour of prayer' and 'the King of Love my Shepard is'. You really like music. I am so grateful for your little self to be here with us. You are such a good, happy little guy. We love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment