Friday, July 22, 2011

The Pregnancy

Now that Sam is here I miss feeling his little movements inside all day and night. It amazes me that my body created such a perfect little body that functions completely on its own. What a miracle. I did not have the easiest pregnancy, but I am grateful for all the enjoyable little moments I had while this little guy was being built. I loved each night how I would lay there and spent time with Sam as he would do gymnastics inside. I loved going on walks outside to get fresh air, to stretch my legs, and sometimes to help me from throwing up:) I loved that Zach and I grew closer together as he cared for me in times when I could not get out of bed or even venture into the kitchen for a second to find food. I am grateful that Zach was so loving when I would "worship the porcelain throne" (as my institute teacher would say) and Zach would hold my hair back and help me along. I am grateful for the moments of joy that filled me so fully that I have a little boy growing inside. Those were moments of intense love that will never be forgotten. I miss in a strange way the many funny memories that were made while I was very sick. Ones like racing home from the library and barely making it to the front door when I threw up all over the front door. By the time I got inside and rags to clean it up it was frozen on pretty solid. yuck. Or when I had to run out of the ballet classes that I taught at Snow College in an attempt to make it to the bathroom. The most memorable story that follows along those lines is one night while I was saying prayers with Zach I speedily jumped up and ran to the kitchen sink, but I missed and threw up on the kitchen floor. As I was throwing up in the sink Zach came running to help me. The lights were off and he slipped and fell splat on the linoleum floor. We were laughing hysterically, but my laughs made us laugh even harder because the were intertwined with the most disgusting sounds that accompany vomiting. Sorry that is kind of too much information. Aside from these moments of nausea the pregnancy was good. I loved feeling Sam grow bigger each week inside of me. I loved reading all about labor and pregnancy. I loved being pregnant so much despite the nausea that I saw a picture of my pregnant friend who will have her baby in a few weeks and I instantly started planning the soonest I could have another baby! I love being a woman, and find it such a great blessing that I can create life, and nurture it into this life. What could be more amazing. Truly womanhood and motherhood are synonymous with divinity.

On a funny note here is Zach when he was very pregnant....just not with a baby. :)

This picture was taken the sunday before Sam was born. I was 35 weeks along exactly in this picture.
28 weeks and feeling great!
27.8 weeks. I had just finished my pregnant work out video that I loved.


24 weeks...still feeling really sick.
23.5 weeks
20 weeks... and wearing the dress that I bought with the birthday money from Eric. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment