Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 9, 2011


Sam,

You came in a wake of miracles.
It had been about a week since you were born. Your mom and I felt worn to the bone because we were traveling back and forth from the hospital all day and through the late night hours.

One evening right before we left Nana Fin gave me some mail. I was excited to look at it so I opened it and looked at it as I was driving. "Wait til' you're done driving," your mother asked me. I put it down and finished our drive back to the hospital. Once there I sat down and looked at it. It was for health insurance. The deductible was about one hundred dollars and the coverage went back until April. The insurance I currently had for you had a ten thousand dollar deductible and I still had to have you go through underwriting. I thought it was a trick so I looked it up on the internet. It seemed to be real, but to make sure I called your Papa Fin. 
"It's the best insurance on the planet," he said, " I would take it in a heartbeat." I was shocked all the more. 
I called the insurance company that sent me the letter. Surly they wouldn't cover you back until April; I hadn't payed any premiums. I asked the insurance representative "So... does he have to go through any underwriting?" 
"No, sir, you've earned it."
Well let me go back a bit. 
In high school I spent two days of my summer modeling as a nerd for a stock photography company. I made a couple hundred dollars and felt very blessed.

Years later, after marrying your mother and attending Snow College, I received a phone call from Grandma Power. "Zach, someone wants to pay you."
Well come to find out a big company made a commercial and wanted to pay me for it. I was surprised. I had already been paid a couple hundred dollars, now they wanted to pay me more. 
I started to receive checks in the mail. Don't worry, we saved every penny of it. 

And that's what the representative meant when she said "No, sir, you earned it."

Well, it came at the exact right time. Your stay in the hospital was mounting in the tens of thousands. 

I know that the Lord is looking out for us. Nothing could have been felt as a bigger blessing and been timed so exactly. 
I know that Jesus Christ lives.

Love,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment