Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Cottage

We moved!
This is our new lovely home located at the "The Cottages". Zach and I packed up the Uhaul, with the help of his family, and we cruised down to Ephraim Utah where Zach is going to go to Snow college and I will attend the Utah State University Extension Program. We are so excited, like giddy school children! Our little place, I mean really little place, has treated us well so far. It is literally right across the street from the brand spankin new Library! We practically live RIGHT ON campus. I will be teaching Ballet at the Snow College Ballet Conservatory, which is right next to our house. Zach will have his classes all with in 5 minutes walking distance, and WE will be having the time of our lives. The air is already beginning to have that fall chill in the air when the sun sets, so it is nice to open all the windows and get excited for all the fall festivities! We feel so blessed. These are the good times. It truly is so fun to be on this little adventure of ours, starting out in a teeny, tiny apartment, with alot of love and opportunity! Wish us luck!



Oh yeah, I threw this picture in here because that day was wonderful! It was Zach's last day of work before we moved so we went on a special date to Macaroni Grill (with wedding gift card... Thank you!) and then got yummy gelato at Costco for 3$ for the both of us! It is the best. Zach is the best. Life is the best.
This is our front door, and main closet we have for all the storage we can possibly think of! Notice the framed letter "P"....I made that from paper at roberts, cut out a linen P, and framed it in a Saver's 2$ frame. I am pretty proud of the piece of work, and the Power last name!
This kind of shows the kitcthen...Zach and I found the table and chairs at 2 garage sales, painted them, and made a little table cloth. The furniture is from a lady in out ward who moved to a rest home, so we were so grateful that she thought of us!
And this is my favorite wall! All the right pictures are not in the right frames yet, but My mom came down to help us move in, and we were up till midnight hanging this master collage...Zach accidentally calls it the "mirage"... just a thrifty note...I got these frames either at Savers, DI or had them from before I got married. The lamp was 3$ at DI, and I got the book shelf when I first started my college career.
Well I need to still go unpack some boxes, and get organized. Pictures of the bedroom and office coming soon!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you're back in Ephraim!! I miss it there! good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leslie! It is the best being here again! Seriously did I ever think that I would be coming back here?! We love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, looks like your settled in nicely and back to the college life! Jordan and Sam are in Wymount living with the cinderblock walls as well. Last I heard they were wallpapering their kitchen with contact paper. (as per my suggestion). It's it fun being so grown up and married! ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. My apartment is smaller!!! :) I love all of your thrifty decorating skills, though!! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun to start out in a new place with your love. the tinier the better! :) cute collage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO CUTE...you have done miracles on a shoe string...LOVE IT!!! Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute apartment!
    makes me want to get married and have a cute little home to decorate.
    i love that everything was such a bargain...
    and it looks so great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you turned that drab apartment into such a swanky place. Don't worry, I'm blog stalking. Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete